Friday, August 8, 2014

Guest Post | Shopping My Stash (again!)

Firstly, let me introduce myself to you! I’m guest-blogging at the moment for the lovely Stacey whilst she’s recovering from her surgery. My name is Elisabeth (or Lis for short!) and I blog over at www.elisabethrilatt.com normally. I hope that I do Stacey’s fabulous blog justice :) Get well soon gorgeous!
Ok, so one of my absolute favourite things to do since I started to get quite a hefty collection of make up is to ‘shop the stash’ every once in while. It really is like going shopping and buying new makeup and we all know how exciting that can be! Reviving those old favourites that we used and used when we first had them, then ‘forgot about’ in favour of something else ‘new’!


These are the products that I’ve rediscovered this week and just a mini review of why they’re so great (and why I should never have forgotten about them!)
 
Soleil Tan de Chanel - ahhh how I’ve missed this! A great product that I tend to revive during the Summer months due to it’s ability to provide a such a natural tan to the face. Coupled with a the Chanel Les Beiges in No.40 this makes for a great long lasting bronze. It’s also great for contouring and darkening up a too pale foundation!
Nars Laguna Bronzer - I feel bad that I’ve ditched this so many times for other bronzers (Tom Ford I’m looking at you!) and forgot just how gorgeous this is. Not to orange, not too muddy this is the perfect bronzer. It has a slight shimmer to it but nothing too glittery. Nars I salute you!


Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour Blush in Tipsy- well that’s a mouthful isn’t it?! Nevertheless, an absolutely fantastic blush. It’s a lovely coral colour that looks great with a tan and lasts pretty much all day. I always fish this out in the Summer and this July was no exception! For those of you living in the States this will be easy to get your hands on, UK buyers will need to ship from Sephora to the UK, pricey but great and worth the money if you’re going to do a big order!


RiRi for MAC - Cocoa Palette - ahhhh, I remember buying this and wearing it non stop for about 6 weeks! It was limited edition (of course!) however a lot of the colours can be replicated with existing MAC colours. Just go into a MAC store and ask one of the assistants and I’m sure they could make a similar palette up for you. The colours all work really well together and as with most MAC shadows they blend beautifully and last incredibly well.

Diorskin Nude Skin-Perfecting Hydrating Concealer - I love this concealer. I’ve gone through phases of using all sorts of other concealers and they never compare to this one! It’s creamy, it covers and it doesn’t crease under the eyes or ‘dry’ on the skin (something that so many other concealers are guilty of!) Definitely repurchasing this when it’s done :)
So there we are everyone, I encourage you to ‘shop your stash’ today and see what gems you find! Lis x
 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Expat Make Up Addict | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig