Friday, December 6, 2013

Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Eye Pencil in Champagne Diamonds





Why does everything in the Charlotte Tilbury range have such a long name??  Here is my review of the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Colour Morphing Eye Shadow Pencil in Champagne Diamonds.  However, these will be known in this post as the CT eyeshadow pencils!  I bought Champagne Diamonds, a rather swizzy name for an eyeshadow pencil and apparently for blue eyed gals.  I am a green eyed girl but hey, always the rebel.

This CT eyeshadow pencil contains far far more glitter in it than I was expecting.  It was almost bordering on unsuitable for daytime to be honest.  The application is ok-it can seem a little patchy as you're pencilling it on in places so you need to go over the area again-and the formula is quite soft meaning after doing both eyes my pencil needs sharpening again.  If that's the case I am going to go through this CT eyeshadow pencil like a hot knife through butter.  If I compare it to something like the Make Up For Ever Aqua shadow pencils, I can use those a good 4-5 times (doing both eyes) before I needed to sharpen the pencil. 

The next problem I encountered was that trying to then blend a powder eyeshadow through the outer corner and crease to add some definition was very difficult because the texture of the pencil was so tacky and didn't seem to set properly.  After a couple of hours the eyeshadow started to crease obviously on my lid-it looked fine when my eyes were open but closed it looked a bit of a mess.  I wore this one day in Cairo last week and solved this problem by just staring directly at my clients and ensuring I did not blink....

By the end of the day, from a distance the eyeshadow was still there and from a distance looked ok.  Close up it was a bit cracked and creasy.  The colour is a dead ringer (I think) for the Urban Decay eyeshadow pencils in Midnight Cowboy.  I remember not liking that formula for the same reasons.

The last little moan I have (sorry this isn't a very positive post) is that when I came to remove it from my lids I had glitter sparkles everywhere even after using hardcore eye make up remover.  So I went to bed with disco eyelids.

Creamy pencil eyeshadows seem to be a hard formula to get right-I have tried so many poor ones-the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eye shadow pencils really dried out my eyelids and the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks cracked and split on my lids as soon as I applied them (review here)

This pencil formula isn't a winner in my book-I think I will stick to the Make Up For Ever version which are fabulous.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Expat Make Up Addict | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig